1. The Star Academy FC (Star Academy) maintains a Financial Aid Fund to support players who may need financial assistance due to low income or financial hardship. The Financial Aid Fund is funded by donations made by Star Academy Fundraisers, Grants, and donations made by members of the Star Academy Community.
2. The Financial Aid Committee will administer the financial aid awards under the direction of the Club Treasurer. Award amounts are based on documented financial needs of the applying family, and are relative to the overall pool of applicants and are directly dependent on the amount of funds available each season and the number of applicants who apply for that season.
3. Eligibility for financial aid awards will be granted based on criteria set by the Financial Aid Committee, under the direction of the Star Academy Treasurer, and approved by the Star Academy Operating Committee. Generally speaking, families with annual income of three times the average for our area are excluded from receiving financial aid. Currently, the Club considers San Mateo County as the "area" for most of our membership. Any family earning over the criteria is excluded from receiving financial assistance unless there are severe extenuating circumstances (i.e.: health, family emergencies, etc.) that might override this guiding principal.
4. Any awards granted are intended to cover only a portion of fees due. Financial assistance will generally cover 50-100% of the total fees expected to be due in a given season. The family is expected to pay all remaining fees due (Team Specific Fees, as well as the Star Academy Club Fees) as outlined in the Star Academy Parent Contract. Players with outstanding balances from previous seasons are not eligible for Financial Aid.
5. Financial Aid is granted seasonally. There are two seasons per year (Spring and Fall), with the exception of the USSDA teams. A new application must be submitted each season. It is not assumed that a player qualifying in one season qualifies for each subsequent request. To be eligible for Financial Aid, all applicants and their parents/guardians agree to participate in team practices, games, and all other team activities. Parents/guardians should be available to assist with volunteer duties as necessary.
6. In order to be considered for Financial Aid, an application must be submitted and all supporting documentation provided by the deadline. Each player is required to submit the following:
a) Financial Aid Online Application
b) Plus, the application MUST mail-in supporting documentation including:
• Completed Cover Sheet
• Most recent completed Federal Form 1040 Tax Return (pages 1 and 2) and Schedule C (if applicable) for both parents/guardian;
• Recent (last 2) copies of pay stubs for all working adults in the household and any other documentation that might help the Financial Aid Committee understand your need.
7. Completed applications and all supporting documentation with Cover sheet should be mailed to: Star Academy Financial Aid Committee, P.O. Box 5548, South San Francisco, CA 94083
Applications received after the due date will not be guaranteed consideration. Late applications will only be evaluated and awards granted only if funds are available.
1. All applicants will receive a response to their application via email from the Financial Aid Committee. The email will also be supplied to the team manager and team treasurer outlining the award.
2. All data submitted is confidential and is only available to the Financial Aid Committee, Star Academy Treasurer and, if needed, Star Academy Operating Committee and used solely to determine eligibility for financial aid.
3. The Operating Committee reserves the right to cancel Financial Aid arrangements at any time through written notification.
Please direct any questions to TheStar Academy Financial Aid Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org